Do you avoid having uncomfortable conversations? Would you like some tools to make those difficult discourses a little easier? Today, we’re excited to welcome Alex Jamieson and her husband, Bob Gower, as our guests on the show. Alex and Bob are the authors of the brand-new book, Radical Alignment, which is focused entirely on how to have those uncomfortable conversations. In today’s episode, they talk to us about their book, the tools you will find in it, and how much those tools have helped them as a couple. It’s an incredible book, they’re wonderful people, and the conversation is awesome! Stay tuned to find out more!
The book, Radical Alignment will be released on August the 11th, 2020. It covers all the reasons for having difficult conversations, and it explains how much power you will gain from being willing to engage around awkward issues. In their book, Alex and Bob give you real and tangible tools to assist you in having those hard conversations in a way that is preservative of your relationship, whether it is with a partner, a child, or someone at work. Be sure to listen in today to find out how to better your relationships by improving your communication skills!
- Bob and Alex talk about their backgrounds and about what they do.
- Alex and Bob’s book, Radical Alignment, is part of the toolset that they used to decide to get married.
- Learning to feel better about the decisions that you make.
- Where all the information in the book originated.
- How their tools have eased communication with Alex’s son.
- Bob shares some of the foundations of his and Alex’s relationship.
- Losing the fear of having those hard conversations.
- How taking the pressure off helps the solutions to appear.
- Why you need to develop trust in your relationships.
- Alex shares a simple, four-step conversation structure that can work for any topic.
- Learning to switch roles, from a speaker to a listener, and vice versa.
- How the way you listen to somebody impacts the way they communicate.
- How speaking your fears out loud helps your brain.
- How Radical Alignment has helped Rebekah Borucki. Rebekah wrote the foreword for the book.
- Alex talks about boundaries. Boundaries are often the hardest step, but they usually have the most value.
- Having some flexibility is important.
- Realizing your biggest dream.
- Asking the right questions, in the right way, is key to clear communication.
- Alex talks about the promotional goodies they’re offering along with the book, Radical Alignment.
Links and resources:
Listen to more episodes of Conversations with Cristie
The book, Radical Alignment
To access Alex and Bob’s promotional goodies, go to Radical Alignment