I started this list week one of shelter in place for the Corona Virus Pandemic. I’ve added to it every week. Now that many of us are in week 5 of working and schooling from home, it seemed this list needed it’s own place on the internet. I’ll keep updating but now it’s easier to find. Some are for kids, some are for parents and some are good for all of us. Take care. Know you’re loved and never alone.
Resources for This Strange Time (that’s what I’m calling it)
- A Rainbow Moment
- A Playlist for Tuning In
- Times Like These Remix on YouTube
- Best Moment Meditation
- A New Playlist for Tuning In or Chilling Out
- Loving Kindness Meditation
- New playlist: Quarantine & Chill This one isn’t for dancing, it’s for the hot bath with epsom salts you’re about to go fun for yourself, remember.
- Astronauts are reading aloud stories FROM SPACE. Here is a favorite girl power book of mine, read by a female astronaut so double win.
- In looking for the video above, I stumbled onto a wealth of resources for kids from lessons to videos to cool experiments. Check out the NASA website.
- For an excellent storyteller, check out Red Bank library’s very own Ms. Sira for an action packed storytime!
- John Krasinski is trying to spread some joy with his YouTube show, Some Good News. This episode has the full Hamilton Broadway cast. Full disclosure: I cried like a baby watching it.
- Speaking of good, I created a Spotify playlist for much needed Quarantine dance breaks. Remember, movement helps with trauma healing. So go on, dance around your home like a fool.
- I was a guest on Alex Jamieson’s, Her Rules Radio podcast talking about effective parenting during a pandemic. It’s a great conversation. You can listen here.
- Here is a link to our Facebook group where not only can you get guided meditations provided, you can find community to connect with when we’re all craving connection. Please, come join us.
- I have a series on IGTV talking about Parenting Through a Pandemic with daily tips, reminders and just plain love.
- Audible is offering some free books to download and listen to for kids.
- Author Mo Willems is offering a “doodle with Mo” session every day at [1:00]. They are recorded so you can watch any time. Adults can doodle too!
- The Calm App (my fave) has developed a resource page for free content with meditations, sleep stories (I KNOW you’re not sleeping well) and overall relaxation. The App is almost always free for teachers so, teacher friends get it!
- Virtual tours of museums are an excellent “field trip” for quarantined kids and adults alike.
- Simply for fun: Rita Wilson’s Quarantine Playlist on Spotify.
- Finally, our kids have been raving about it for months, and now I have to recommend it. TikTok is a social media platform where people are just sharing joy right now. It’s funny, silly and exactly what I need every night before bed to lift my spirits. If you’re not there. Get there.
- This video from The Today Show is a beautiful tribute to the helpers. Watch it for some hope.
- Verizon and Yahoo! are hosting a virtual Dave Matthews Concert on Friday March 27th. That’s a silver lining for some, right?
- This video from a doctor at Weill Cornell in NYC has plain facts on the illness, how it’s transmitted and what can keep us safe. Perfect if you’re looking for information without traveling down an anxiety rabbit hole.
- This article about grief and how that applies right now was strangely comforting. Give it a gander if you feel icky and want to know why.
I’ll keep adding to this list as I see new things. If you want access to updates quickly, sign up below. I’ll send right to your inbox.